Friday 21 October 2016

Sunrise

This was on the first day of my week off work, the forecast on the saturday night was for a cold but sunny start for the Sunday, it had rained a lot on the saturday, so images of a misty sunrise flashed through my mind and I decided to set the alarm for 6am, now me and early starts don't really go together, but I went for it.
6am Sunday morning in early October and boy it was cold, so a couple of hot drinks and off I went, only a mile up the road, but what an amazing sight when I arrived, I was heading down to Hurcott Pool but the sight of the mist across the fields alongside the main road was awesome so I parked up and took a few images from here.


Pleased with these I then moved down the bank to Hurcott Pool, being surrounded by trees it was a good 15 minutes or so before the sun started to come into view.
This one below I have to rate as my best image of 2016,  do like it a lot, was also used on the BBC.
Am hoping it may do well in a couple of competitions.
With the sun up quite well now I decided to have a walk down the side of the pool, managed a couple of reasonable shots along here, but more importantly gave me ideas for another visit.

I travelled light for this morning and only took my 10-20mm lens, will take a slightly longer one next time.
I was back home for around 9 and quite pleased with my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment