Friday 11 November 2016

staffs worcs canal caunsall to kinver

Bright sunny start but oh so cold, was tempted to stay at home in the warm but got wrapped up and off I went, parked up at Caunsall and started walking along the canal towards Kinver, only a few yards into the walk and I happened to look up, wasn't sure at first what it was, but it turned out to be a squirrel, the branches he was on were so thin it was amazing how they held his weight, he seemed to be eating some leaves.
I was with my friend Brett and already we started spotting birds all over the place, at first I was more interested in landscapes and here are some of what I captured.





The last three are up by Whittington Lock, photos not the best due to the very heavy low sun, but shall be returning here for sure.
Saw over the other side of the canal a heron and a buzzard, the buzzard pic not the best as he was quite a way from us.



Also saw 3 swans in a field, have a feeling they may have been whooper swans, hope someone responds and tells me if I am right.

We did see nuthatches, long tailed tits, wrens and quite a few other birds, but I didn't go prepared for small birds as I was more interested in landscapes.
Here are a couple of robins, one up in a tree

 And this one quite happily posed quite near to us for a good 15 minutes or so.

This final shot is perhaps my favourite landscape of the morning, you can just see the mist rising off the river Stour and the frost lying in the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment