Friday 27 January 2017

Spennels & St Michaels walkabouts

With the weather still not as I prefer it I have made a couple of spur of the moment walkabouts.
Firstly Wednesday I made a visit to St Michael's in Stourport, mainly for a nose amongst the gravestones for family history research.
No joy on that front though, I'm thinking now that there are not any headstones, never mind. that's the way it goes.
After a few minutes I bumped into Katy who I know from a facebook group, she was feeding the birds and then blow me if about 10 minutes or so after I met up with Emma and Mervyn, it's a popular place for photography and as I was about to get in the car along came Christine.
I quite like this one, taken with my sony infrared camera.


Long tailed tit.

Today at home, had a walk around my local patch on Spennells, but with the sun shining there didn't seem to be much bird life around, very quiet.

Starling and a robin are the only decent shots I got, but it was an enjoyable stroll, I did spot a dunnock but didn't get a decent photo, and then standing on the drive at home I spotted a yellow wagtail, got a picture of his rear end and also a woodpecker which I did not get a shot of.
Have been really looking hard as I have heard owls on more than one occasion lately from home, so they are not too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment