Saturday 28 January 2017

Spennells after the rain.

When I awoke this morning it was pouring down, had me a nice smokey bacon sandwich on fresh crusty bread and hey presto the rain stopped.
So before it changed it's mind on came the walking boots, camera was ready just in case, couple minutes later and I was out in the nature reserve.
After yesterday I wasn't expecting much, wow about 100 metres from home I spotted a greater spotted woodpecker, took several photos and then on the next tree a nut hatch, not the best of photos.
Never seen the area so busy, saw a redwing, goldcrests, blue tits, great tits, dunnock, wren, robin and a tree creeper and possibly an owl, but not sure on which one it was, just have to hope I see it again.
Few photos below from my hour's walkabout.









One tip, anyone venturing into the reserve then wear wellies, it's very boggy and deep in places.

No comments:

Post a Comment