Sunday 4 December 2016

Frosty walkabout at Hurcott & Cookley.

Well I woke early this morning so I got up and made a cuppa, looked through the window and boy did it look cold, but then I thought how beautiful a sunrise can look, so I took the missus a cuppa upstairs and told her I would see her later.
First stop was up the Stourbridge Rd, I thought there were possibilities for a good sunrise, but I was wrong, got good view of the sunrise but not much of a landscape in the foreground, never mind though I will know better in the future.

After taking a couple of shot here I drove down to my usual place, Hurcott, this first one is from the Perriford Lane end of the pool, quite happy with this shot.
The one thing about a sunrise is the glow that comes with it, mind you the glow doesn't last too long.
This next shot show how cold it was, not my favourite of shots as the sky is burnt out, but that's what happens when shooting in to the sun.
The next one is from close by, at the front of the pool.
This next one shows the frozen pool.
Well that was enough from hurcott, so off home and a nice warm cup of coffee, then it was the Sunday morning shopping trip with the wife and then we drove over to Caunsall, as Caunsall is set in a dip it takes a while before the sun appears here.
Parked up in my usual place and then we had a stroll along the canal.
Here is a selection of photos from an hour's stroll.


The next two are from Cookley.



Finish off with one in infrared, the light wasn't quite right for this media, but it wasn't bad enough to stop me reeling off some shots.
All in all I'm happy with the walk and can't wait till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment